3rd International Conference on New Business Models
“New Business Models with impact: focused, scalable and international”
27/28 June 2018, Sofia, Bulgaria
After the successful 2nd edition of our International Conference on New Business Models hosted by the University of Graz, we are thrilled to announce the 2018 edition under the topic of “New Business Models with impact: focused, scalable and international”. The University of National and World Economy, Sofia, will host the conference. The event is organised by the Vrije Universiteit Brussel in cooperation with other institutions across Europe.
The Call for papers will be released on the first week of December 2017. Authors are invited to submit extended abstracts of 700-1200 words by 28 February 2018. We are looking forward to contributions addressing issues such as:
- How do NBMs realize impact?
- How to increase the impact of NBMs?
- How to measure the impact of NBMs?
- How to report the impact of NBMs?
- How to create international impact with NBMs?
- Under what circumstances do NBMs decrease their impact?
- What are the determinants of scalability of new business models?
- What are the barriers for scalability?
- Small is beautiful – how to focus on resolving local sustainability issues?
What type of contributions are we looking for? Theoretical, conceptual or empirical papers are welcome, as well as literature reviews, qualitative and quantitative research papers. We invite a broad variety of scholarly disciplines (e.g., management, entrepreneurship, innovation, environmental studies, organisation theory, transition theory, change management) dealing with a broad variety of domains that are related to business model research (e.g., energy, health, agriculture, food, finance, retail).
For further information contact Prof. Dr. Nikolay Dentchev and his team at NBMSofia@vub.be