The Christian-Doppler-Pilotlaboratory for Sustainable Product Management in a Circular Economy of the University of Graz is looking for a
Project employee without doctorate
(40 hours a week, temporary employment for 2 years with the option of an extension to 3.5 years, to be filled from November 2018)
- Participation in the research of the “Christian-Doppler (CD) Pilot-Laboratory for Sustainable Product Management in a Circular Economy” with a focus on the use of sustainability data (i.e., environmental, social and economic data) from circular product life cycles for sustainability assessment and design.
- The research in the CD Laboratory will be centred on:
- the identification of methods and instruments for collecting sustainability data throughout circular product life cycles,
- the definition of relevant and suited types of sustainability data,
- the development of feasible concepts for (1) acquiring the identified data from different sources of product life cycle data and for (2) assuring the quality of these data,
- the integration of the data into methods for sustainability assessment and sustainable product design.
- Conducting a dissertation in the context of the research in the CD-Laboratory
- Participation in conferences, publications in peer-reviewed journals and/or other media of knowledge transfer
- Continuing education in research skills
- Diploma or Master’s Degree
- in sustainability sciences (e.g., environmental systems sciences, sustainable development, …) or the social sciences (e.g., business administration, sociology, …) with proficiency and affinity for information technologies and data management, or
- in software engineering or informatics with proficiency and experience in sustainability management and assessment.
- Ability to conduct independent research
- High commitment and motivation for scientific work and the completion of a doctoral degree in environmental systems sciences
- Personal and social competences for working in international and interdisciplinary teams
- Good knowledge of software engineering and informatics
- Proficiency in qualitative and quantitative research methods
- Very good command of English
- Good knowledge of German is preferred
- Publication activity beneficial
- Salary scheme of the University Collective Agreement (“Universitäten-KV”): B1
- If you are interested in this position, please submit your application documents (motivation letter, CV, certificates) in a timely manner to: email@example.com
- For further questions please contact Univ.-Prof. Dr. Rupert Baumgartner (Institute of Systems Sciences, Innovation and Sustainability Research) at 0043 316 380 3237.
Application Deadline: August 31st 2018